Cycling with a pen. Bicycle art in Lucca, Italy | Fall 2023
Join me in Lucca, Italy for the Cycling Artist Tour 2023 | Where we will ride, paint and draw bicycle art as we drink in all that Italy has to offer!
Spend a week cycling in beautiful Lucca, Italy, stress-free and fully supported in the company of a team of cycling experts from LUCCA CYCLING CLUB and me, professional cycling artist Michael Valenti. You show up, eat, ride, paint, draw and we take care of everything else. Well actually, Alison Testroete, former Canadian National Cycling Champion does.
“I want to draw and paint with you but I don’t ride.” Don’t worry, there are also many non-riding partners activities available. Lucca hosts a variety of options like nearby beaches, cooking classes, guided city tours, art exhibitions, shopping and concerts. And of course you could always draw more.
“I love to draw and paint, but I’m not a professional.” Then this trip is for you! The point of dropping into Lucca, Italy and drawing is to allow yourself the freedom to enjoy your art more than ever. To drink in the local colors and smells while happy splashes of paint flow freely out of your hand. It’s all about the amore!
Included in your trip.
- For 8-Days and 7-Nights | Stay in a high-end, family-style Tuscan villa 5 km from Lucca with private en-suite bathrooms and pool.
- Detailed itinerary and Packing List
- Five four-course dinners in Villa plus drinks
- Two restaurant dinners
- Seven fresh homemade breakfasts
- Six post ride lunches/snacks/drinks as per route
- Ride food (homemade bars, gels, drink mix)
- Wine tasting at a passionate, local biodynamic farm in the hills
- Airport transfers from Pisa airport
- 6.5 guided/supported rides with lunch, gelato, coffee stops
- Two expert local guides, follow vehicle and mechanic
- Two 40 minute massages
- Art Supplies for watercolor painting and location drawings
- Art tutorials during each day of drawing and painting
- Lucca Cycling Club kit
If you have any questions, need more information or just can’t wait to do this, I would very much like to talk with you about the trip. Contact Michael
Dates and Availability
Final dates for the Artist Tour are still being negotiated with local villas. As this is prime-time for cycling in the Tuscany region. We are currently planning on August 29 – September 5, 2020. These dates will be finalized once we have a party of six committed to the adventure. The Artist Tour closes out at 12 total guests. We are keeping this a small and personal group to get the most benefit from drawing and painting together as a family.
Expressing your interest early during our planning stage is strongly recommended. I will accept verbal commitments until we get our first six, at that time your deposit will be taken.
Again, if you are interested please contact me as we are planning now and places will go quickly. Contact Michael
Single occupancy: €3949 – Double occupancy: €3499 – Deposit: €750
*Get on Michaels verbal list right away. Once we have six participants you will be directed to make your deposit with Lucca Cycling Club.
*Bike Rentals are available for additional fee. Trip Insurance is not included. More of these details will be available on the LUCCA CYCLING CLUB/ARTIST TOUR web page once they are available.